Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Kids Can Hear from God in Dire Situations

So picture this . . .

My 4 year old Snow and I in a car in a foreign city, phone dies, and the address to the house we were staying at was on my phone.  I had two choices.  Pure and legit panic and scar my daughter for life with possible choice words fleeing from my very large mouth OR take a deep breathe and make this a learning moment.This time I chose the learning moment.  Key phrase "this time" hahah.

So I asked Snow to ask Jesus in a very rehearsed calm voice which way we should go.  In her sweet little tiny voice she said to turn left, then right, then go left.  So I did just that.

I thought I knew where I was going so I took matters in my own hands and took a left.  Wrong!!!! She piped up and said "Mom, Jesus said that wasn't the right way to go you were supposed to turn right."  Can we sing/say in an Oprah voice "Conviction?"

So she promptly told me which way to get back on track.  Within a few minutes we were home.

We laughed and thanked God for getting us there.

The take away: Kids are super powerful.  Sometimes they hear right and sometimes they don't.  Just like us.  We don't sweat the "mistakes" but cheer on that we tried.  Remember adults this is for us as well.  I've learned God just loves to take a dire situation and make it beautiful beyond our imagination.  This is a story we will remember always and what a great one to remind our kids of how powerful they are and that they can hear from the Creator of the Universe.

Blessings of sudden inspiration and creativity to you all in any situation.  May you notice them like an amazing pair of mom jeans.  hahaha
Abbi Rodes



No comments:

Post a Comment